Problems: construction defects

In general, these should be reported to Barratt's. It may be that you are also covered by NHBC. This tends to turn on how old the property is.

If you have just bought a place, it is essential that you get a snagging firm to compile a report on possible defects. You can then decide how many of these you wish to pursue with Barratt's.